A certified performance nutritionist is a professional who specializes in optimizing nutrition to enhance athletic performance, overall fitness, and overall well-being.
Their primary goal is to work closely with athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and individuals seeking to improve their physical performance. By assessing their nutritional needs, habits, and goals, a certified performance nutritionist develops personalized nutrition plans and strategies to help clients reach their peak potential.
Here are a few key areas where a certified performance nutritionist can make a significant impact:
- Personalized Meal Planning: They create individualized meal plans tailored to specific fitness goals, taking into account factors such as body composition, training intensity, and dietary preferences.
- Optimal Nutrient Timing: They advise on when and how to consume nutrients to maximize performance, energy levels, and recovery, ensuring the right nutrients are available at the right times.
- Sports-specific Nutrition: They specialize in providing nutritional guidance for specific sports, considering the unique demands and requirements of each activity to optimize performance and prevent injuries.
- Supplementation Recommendations: They offer advice on appropriate supplements to enhance performance, aid recovery, and address potential nutrient deficiencies.
- Body Composition Analysis: They assess and monitor body composition, including fat percentage, muscle mass, and hydration levels, to fine-tune nutrition plans and track progress.
- Education and Support: They educate clients on proper nutrition, debunk myths, and provide ongoing support to ensure long-term success in achieving performance and wellness goals.
- Weight management: They can provide personalized nutrition plans for weight management, whether it’s for weight loss or weight gain, ensuring a healthy and sustainable approach tailored to individual needs. They offer ongoing support and guidance to help clients achieve their weight-related goals while maintaining overall health and well-being.
With this program you will get all of the knowledge, skills and expertise that are required to become a successful INHS certified Performance Nutritionist.
- All required course materials
- Digital eBook or physical textbook (All eBooks are included)
- Self-assessments and assignments
- Necessary forms and guidelines for starting your own business
- Online final exam
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
- A $50.00 retest fee will apply.
To enroll into this Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an excellent understanding of the English language.
- 1 year or less
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Performance Nutritionist” on your certificate.
In our comprehensive course, you will gain a deep understanding of the principles and practices that fuel peak athletic performance. Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect to learn throughout the program:
1. Fundamentals of Nutrition
Dive into the essential components of nutrition, including macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). Understand their roles in energy production, muscle repair, and overall health.
2. Personalized Meal Planning:
Discover the art of creating personalized nutrition plans tailored to individual needs, goals, and dietary preferences. Learn how to calculate calorie needs, balance macronutrient ratios, and optimize nutrient intake.
3. Nutrient Timing Strategies
Uncover the secrets of nutrient timing and its impact on performance and recovery. Explore pre- and post-workout nutrition, understanding when and what to eat to maximize energy levels, muscle growth, and repair.
4. Sports-Specific Nutrition
Delve into the unique nutritional requirements of various sports and activities. From endurance sports to strength training, learn how to adapt nutrition plans to meet the demands of specific athletic pursuits.
5. Hydration and Performance
Understand the critical role of hydration in athletic performance. Discover effective hydration strategies, learn how to assess fluid needs, and explore the impact of dehydration on performance and recovery.
6. Supplementation and Ergogenic Aids
Get insights into the world of sports supplements and ergogenic aids. Learn which supplements are backed by scientific evidence, their potential benefits, and how to make informed choices.
7. Body Composition and Weight Management
Explore the concepts of body composition analysis and weight management strategies. Gain insights into healthy approaches to weight loss, weight gain, and maintaining an optimal body composition.
8. Practical Application and Case Studies
Apply your knowledge through practical exercises and real-life case studies. Analyze nutrition plans, evaluate dietary practices, and develop strategies to overcome common challenges faced in sports nutrition.
With the knowledge and skills gained from this program, you’ll be empowered to optimize your own performance, support others in their athletic pursuits, and make informed choices for long-term health and wellness.
This program is the combination of two individual courses mentioned below:
The student must study and complete the above two courses in order to receive the final Diploma in Performance Nutrition.