• Use a scientific and food-based approach to evaluate an individual’s eating habits.
• Create a personalized dietary plan
• Guide your clients toward eating fresh, organic and natural foods
• Offer accompanying education to further promote healthy eating.
• Educate and counsel the clients about weight management
• Guide the client to successfully achieve their goal
• Explain the benefits and role of proper Nutrition in weight management
• Explain the benefits and role of Exercise in weight management
• Behavior adjustment for weight management
• Understanding nutrition guidelines and recommendations
• Knowing, in-depth, the role nutrition plays in optimal performance
• Having a thorough knowledge of the importance of all essential nutrition components for sports and fitness
• Understanding and recommending the best supplement for better health and performance.
• The ability to blend scientific guidelines with practical, real-world applications.
Program contents and eligibility:
With this program you will get the required knowledge, skills and expertise to become a successful Certified Sport Nutrition and Strategic Weight Management Consultant.
• All required course materials
• Digital eBook or physical textbook (not included, student must purchase them separately)
• Self-assessments and assignments
• Necessary forms and guidelines for starting your own business
• Online final exam
To enroll into this Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an excellent understanding of the English language.
The Curriculum in Details:
1. Sport Nutrition:
Below topics are specifically designed by industry experts to teach you how to develop and implement effective nutrition strategies for sports and fitness. Also, this course incorporates the latest cutting-edge research and more than 50 delicious, healthy, easy to make recipes.
• An overview of sports nutrition
• Energy for exercise
• Carbohydrate and performance
• Protein requirements for sport
• Vitamins and minerals
• Sports supplements
• Body fat and dietary fat
• Weight loss
• Weight gain
• The female athlete
• The young athlete
• The vegetarian athlete
• The older athlete
• Competition nutrition
• Your personal nutrition plans
• Various recipes
Also, includes important and accessible guidance on the following topics:
• Maximizing endurance, strength and performance
• How to calculate your optimal calorie, carbohydrate and protein requirements
• Advice on improving body composition
• Specific advice for women, children, mature athletes and vegetarians
• Eating plans to cut body fat, gain muscle and prepare for competition
• Sports supplements
2. Weight Management:
A successful weight management strategy depends on several factors. We would be focusing on the 3 most important ones i.e. Nutrition, Exercise and Behavior. We will discuss how the so called ‘dieting’ is not a solution to the weight gain/loss problems. We will discuss and analyze different criteria for optimal and strategic weight management.
Module 1: Nutrition for weight management
A. The problem
Here we discuss about the causes and consequences of being over-weight and under-weight and the available solutions.
B. Ingredients for Ideal Weight -Loss Diet
The scientist explains and recommends the below criteria for an ideal weight-loss diet. These are scientifically researched and evidence based. We will discover how these are beneficial for strategic weight management.
• Anti-Inflammatory Diets
• Foods rich in High Fiber
• Foods rich in High Water
• Low Glycemic Load
• Low in Added Fat
• Low in Added Sugar
• Low in Addictive Foods
• Low in Calorie Density
• Low in Meat
• Low in Refined Grains
• Low in Salt
• Low Insulin Index
• Rich in Fruits and Vegetables
• Rich in Legumes
• Recipe for Success
C. Optimal Weight-Loss Diet
Lifelong weight control requires lifelong lifestyle changes. Apart from the above 17 effective criteria for ideal weight-loss diet, we need to also include these 4 criteria to make the diet optimal. We will discover how these are important for sustainable weight management.
• Nutritionally complete
D. Weight-Loss Boosters
Here we will discuss the array of tools than can drive or boost further weight loss, for example, how to take the accountability, suppressing the appetite intelligently, managing the eating rate, tweaking the exercise, different fat blockers and burners, forming good habits, keeping up the hydration, quenching the inflammation, adopting intermittent fasting, managing the meal frequency, boosting the metabolism, effectively preloading negative calorie, enhancing the sleep and managing the stress hormone.
Module 2: Exercise for weight management
In this module, we will discuss the benefits of exercise for weight management and good health. For example, Exercise is helpful for weight management. Exercise can increase metabolism, or how many calories you burn in a day. It can also help you maintain and increase lean body mass, which also helps increase number of calories you burn each day.
Topics covered are:
• Body systems involved in physical activity
• Benefits of an active lifestyle
• Physical activity assessment
• Physical fitness assessment
• Role of physical activity in weight management
• Developing activity programs that work
• Keeping physical activity safe
• Adopting an active lifestyle
Module 3: Behaviours change for weight management
Nutrition is important, so is Exercise for weight management but without Behaviour or lifestyle changes the target might not be achieved. It is like Nutrition, Exercise and Behaviour are the legs of a 3-legged stool. If one of the legs is missing then the entire stool falls. This applies to weightmanagement strategies also.
In this module we will discuss the benefits ofBehaviour or lifestyle (the 3rd leg of the stool) changes for weightmanagement.
- 12 months or less
After successful completion, you will earn the Diploma in Sport Nutrition and Strategic Weight Management.
Accreditations and Memberships:
- INHS is an accredited training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). Certified graduates can apply for the IPHM credential.
- All INHS nutrition and health courses’ curriculums are accredited by American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) credentialing board. Certified graduates can apply for the AADP credential.
- INHS is a member of International Accreditation Organization (IAO) accreditation body, confirming that all the courses provided by INHS are of international standard maintaining highest quality.