What you can do with these expertise, skills and knowledge?
- Use a scientific and food-based approach to evaluate an individual’s eating habits.
- Create a personalized dietary plan
- Guide your clients toward eating fresh, organic and natural foods
- Offer accompanying education to further promote healthy eating.
- Understanding nutrition guidelines and recommendations
- Knowing, in-depth, the role nutrition plays in optimal performance
- Having a thorough knowledge of the importance of all essential nutrition components for sports and fitness
- Understanding and recommending the best supplement for better health and performance.
- The ability to blend scientific guidelines with practical, real-world applications.
Program contents and eligibility:
With this program you will get the required knowledge, skills and expertise to become a successful Certified Human Nutrition Consultant.
- All required course materials
- Digital eBook or physical textbook (all eBooks are included)
- Self-assessments and assignments
- Necessary forms and guidelines for starting your own business
- Online final exam
To enroll into this Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an excellent understanding of the English language.
The Curriculum in Details:
1. General Nutrition
In this enlightening course the student will learn about the macro and micro nutrients and their dietary importance. Discover the values of carbohydrates, proteins and fat, body fluids, minerals and vitamins and how they are important for our physical and mental health.
Nutrition topics include:
(For both International and Indian students)
- Nutrition fundamentals
- The pursuit of a healthy diet
- The dietary guidelines and various challenges
- Learn about digestion, metabolism and assimilation
- Carbohydrates: simple and complex and how they affect our health
- Lipids: fats and oils; good fats and bad fats, and how they affect our health
- Proteins and amino acids: learn about animal and plant-based proteins
- Vitamins: why they are important for our health
- Water, minerals and alcohol: merits and demerits, nutritional impact on our health
- Weight gain, loss and successful weight management strategies
- Nutrition, sports and fitness, athletes and supplements
- Learn about inorganic and organic foods
- Pregnancy and nutrition requirements
- Nutrition needs for infants and youth
- Nutrition needs for older adults and senior citizens
- Food safety and various foodborne illnesses
- Food storage and how they are prepared
- Learn to calculate various health parameters
- American and Canadian Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Different International Diets
(For Indian students only)
- Nutrition related policies and programs; National Food Security Act 2013
- Role of International and National agencies in combating malnutrition
- Nutrition education for masses
- Nutrition and Infection
2. Sports Nutrition:
Below topics are specifically designed by industry experts to teach you how to develop and implement effective nutrition strategies for sports and fitness. Also, this course incorporates the latest cutting-edge research and more than 50 delicious, healthy, easy to make recipes.
- An overview of sports nutrition
- Energy for exercise
- Carbohydrate and performance
- Protein requirements for sport
- Vitamins and minerals
- Sports supplements
- Body fat and dietary fat
- Weight loss
- Weight gain
- The female athlete
- The young athlete
- The vegetarian athlete
- The older athlete
- Competition nutrition
- Your personal nutrition plans
- Various recipes
Also, includes important and accessible guidance on the following topics:
- Maximizing endurance, strength and performance
- How to calculate your optimal calorie, carbohydrate and protein requirements
- Advice on improving body composition
- Specific advice for women, children, mature athletes and vegetarians
- Eating plans to cut body fat, gain muscle and prepare for competition
- Sports supplements
- 12 months or less
After successful completion, you will earn the Diploma in Nutrition, Health and Sport.
Accreditations and Memberships:
- INHS is an accredited training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). Certified graduates can apply for the IPHM credential.
- All INHS nutrition and health courses’ curriculums are accredited by American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) credentialing board. Certified graduates can apply for the AADP credential.
- INHS is a member of International Accreditation Organization (IAO) accreditation body, confirming that all the courses provided by INHS are of international standard maintaining highest quality.