What Can a Certified Sport Nutrition Consultant Do?
You will have the necessary knowledge and skill on how to effectively discuss ‘real world’ sound nutrition programs and planning with your athlete to empower them to reach their potential through
o Understanding nutrition guidelines and recommendations
o Knowing, in-depth, the role nutrition plays in optimal performance
o Having a thorough knowledge of the importance of all essential nutrition components for sports and fitness
o Understanding and recommending the best supplement for better health and performance.
o The ability to blend scientific guidelines with practical, real-world applications.
Program contents and eligibility:
With this program you will get all of the knowledge, skills, expertise and tools that are required to successfully become a Certified Sport Nutrition Consultant.
- All course materials
- Digital eBook or physical textbook (not included, student must purchase them separately)
- Self-assessments and assignments
- Necessary forms and guidelines for starting your own business
- Online Final exam
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
- A $50.00 retest fee will apply.
To enroll into this Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an excellent understanding of the English language.
- 6 months or less
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Sport Nutrition Consultant” on your certificate.
Accreditations and Memberships:
- INHS is an accredited training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). Certified graduates can apply for the IPHM credential.
- All INHS nutrition and health courses’ curriculums are accredited by American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) credentialing board. Certified graduates can apply for the AADP credential.
- INHS is a member of International Accreditation Organization (IAO) accreditation body, confirming that all the courses provided by INHS are of international standard maintaining highest quality.
The Curriculum in Details:
Below topics are specifically designed by industry experts to teach you how to develop and implement effective nutrition strategies for sports and fitness. Also, this course incorporates the latest cutting-edge research and more than 50 delicious, healthy, easy to make recipes.
- An overview of sports nutrition
- Energy for exercise
- Carbohydrate and performance
- Protein requirements for sport
- Vitamins and minerals
- Sports supplements
- Body fat and dietary fat
- Weight loss
- Weight gain
- The female athlete
- The young athlete
- The vegetarian athlete
- The older athlete
- Competition nutrition
- Your personal nutrition plans
- Various recipes
Also, includes important and accessible guidance on the following topics:
- Maximizing endurance, strength and performance
- How to calculate your optimal calorie, carbohydrate and protein requirements
- Advice on improving body composition
- Specific advice for women, children, mature athletes and vegetarians
- Eating plans to cut body fat, gain muscle and prepare for competition
- Sports supplements
Upon completing this course and on becoming an INHS Certified Sport Nutrition Consultant, you can also apply for optional Board Certification.