What Can a Certified Nutrition Consultant Do?
- Use a scientific and food-based approach to evaluate an individual’s eating habits.
- Create a personalized dietary plan
- Guide your clients toward eating fresh, organic and natural foods
- Offer accompanying education to further promote healthy eating.
Program contents and eligibility:
With this program you will get all of the knowledge, skills, expertise and tools that are required to become a successful Certified Nutrition Consultant.
- All course materials
- Digital eBooks or physical textbooks (not included, student must purchase them separately)
- Self-assessments and assignments
- Necessary forms and guidelines for starting your own business
- Online final exam
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
- A $50.00 retest fee will apply.
To enroll into this Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an excellent understanding of the English language.
- 6 months or less
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Nutrition Consultant” on your certificate.
Accreditations and Memberships:
- INHS is an accredited training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM). Certified graduates can apply for the IPHM credential.
- All INHS nutrition and health courses’ curriculums are accredited by American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) credentialing board. Certified graduates can apply for the AADP credential.
- INHS is a member of International Accreditation Organization (IAO) accreditation body, confirming that all the courses provided by INHS are of international standard maintaining highest quality.
The Curriculum in Details:
In this enlightening course the student will learn about the macro and micro nutrients and their dietary importance. Discover the values of carbohydrates, proteins and fat, body fluids, minerals and vitamins and how they are important for our physical and mental health.
Nutrition topics include:
(For both International and Indian students)
- Nutrition fundamentals
- The pursuit of a healthy diet
- The dietary guidelines and various challenges
- Learn about digestion, metabolism and assimilation
- Carbohydrates: simple and complex and how they affect our health
- Lipids: fats and oils; good fats and bad fats, and how they affect our health
- Proteins and amino acids: learn about animal and plant-based proteins
- Vitamins: why they are important for our health
- Water, minerals and alcohol: merits and demerits, nutritional impact on our health
- Weight gain, loss and successful weight management strategies
- Nutrition, sports and fitness, athletes and supplements
- Learn about inorganicand organic foods
- Pregnancy and nutrition requirements
- Nutrition needs for infants and youth
- Nutrition needs for older adults and senior citizens
- Food safety and various foodborne illnesses
- Food storage and how they are prepared
- Learn to calculate various health parameters
- American and Canadian Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Different International Diets
(For Indian students only)
- Nutrition related policies and programs; National Food Security Act 2013
- Role of International and National agencies in combating malnutrition
- Nutrition education for masses
- Nutrition and Infection
Know the different strategies and practices for different types of assessment made which analyzes various health needs in regard to diet and exercise. Motivate, guide and educate the clients to set achievable health goals and various ways of maintaining these goals throughout their lifetime.
Upon completing this course and on becoming an INHS Certified Nutrition Consultant, you can also apply for optional Board Certification.